Friday, April 15, 2022

Mi-GO

 

The body sat on the bed. It was inanimate and lifeless, the color drained from its face. A strange pink fungus grew around it and within it, pulsing life through the body that sat, head open, brainless. The eyes sat open, the spark gone out of them, staring at the ceiling above. Now and then the body twitched, a finger jumped, and the eyelids fluttered. 


I stood beside the bed, head tilted, eyes concentrating on the ever-growing fungus that held the body as though in a cradle. They had said the owner of the body had been speaking to the darkness for weeks, a strange vibrating voice speaking back from the shadows. I knelt to look at the small blooming fungus, its strange spores drifted in the air and clung to the body, slowly coating it in a rosy blanket.


“He isn’t dead.”


The voice was strange, coming out of the darkness behind me. It had a strange buzzing rasp to it with small clicks and cracks that echoed between the words. I didn’t turn my head. If it wanted me to see it, it would have stepped from the shadows.


“You removed his brain. Humans struggle to survive without those.”


“We will keep the body sustained.”


The clicking drew closer. Within the shadows something moved, large and hulking. I felt it more than I saw it. The air around it felt dense and I realized as it drew nearer the smell of ozone and musk grew stronger. It was the same smell that stirred from the fungus on the body. 


“Where is the brain?” I asked, voice low. Mortals were nosy and the last thing I needed was for them to discover that the man was lying there without organs. 


“It is traveling. To our home.”


“Yet you remain.”


I felt the creature approach my back. Gooseflesh rose on my arms and the hairs on my neck stood up. Something faintly wandered across my back and shoulders, not touching yet feeling like it was. It sent a chill through my body. I sucked in a breath to steady myself, eyes still watching the undead body.


My lips pursed. “Why are you still here?”


“We seek connection, always. We learn. We grow. We adapt. We change.”


“You thought someone would come looking for him?”


The creature paused, thinking about what I had said. Its strange buzzing voice broke the silence after a time. “No. He was… a friend.”


A smile touched my lips. “You grew attached.”


“I have never been attached to any human. He was unique.”


“Did he ever see you?”


“Only briefly. Before the procedure. He was shaken.”


I felt the darkness close around us. Though the creature could not manipulate the shadows, it felt fear just as much as mortals did. I took in a breath and turned to face it. It stepped back, hiding within the darkness of the abandoned home, refusing to let me see what it was. No eyes looked back at me in the dark, nothing glinted in the faint light from outside… it lived in pitch.


“Are you afraid of me?” I asked, staring into the darkness.


“You will be afraid of me. You will scream,” its words buzzed in the air. “Others will come and see the vessel.”


“I promise I won’t scream.”


The vibrating creature pondered, falling silent before the clicking restarted and from the shadows it stepped. It was large, with spiny attachments and multiple legs and arms of chitinous fiber. Yet it was soft and spongy, made up of the same rosy fungus that hugged the body. From its back sprouted great fibrous wings that seemed to move in and out of time and space. There were no eyes to be found, nor face. 


My eyes took it in yet not a sound left me. There was no way the creature could generate an expression, and so I stared at the faceless being until my brain began to gather what it was. 


“See,” I finally said, eyes naturally scanning the torso for eyes to look into, but finding nothing. “No screams.”


Sound vibrated out of it, buzzing and strange. “You are not afraid.”


I nodded. “Much like you, I am a creature of curiosity. I want to understand you.”


“You wish to travel to Yugoth?”


“No, not at all. I would know you.”


The creature seemed to shudder, claws and legs twitching in contemplation. We stood in the quiet listening to my breathing and its gentle clacking. Long spiny arms reached out, hesitating but an inch from my face and arms. 


I edged forward enough to close the distance and felt the soft yet hard fungal appendages caress my skin. They explored slowly and methodically. At first they gently stroked my face, learning the curve of my lips and the flutter of my eyes over the roundness of my cheek down to the bump of my chin. The long tendrils pulled on one shoulder, tugging me forward, whilst pushing on the other to force me back. It resulted in me slowly turning until my back was to the creature.


It pressed up against me as soon as I wasn’t facing it. Legs encircled me from every direction. I reached up to hold onto them, letting myself relax in the creature’s embrace. It supported me while the claw like appendages moved over my body, fungus resting on the clothing and the skin with every touch. It was curious and eager, growing in the speed of its exploration with each breath I exhaled.


One long claw hooked beneath my shirt and the fabric tore in an instant. The claws hadn’t looked so fiercely sharp but as they wandered my skin I felt the razor edge along each dangerous ridge. Clothing fell to the floor with each decisive snip until I was naked in the being’s presence.


Fungus spread from the mi-go to my skin, growing rapidly over my shoulder and collar bone. I could feel the tendrils of the living being sink into my skin, rooting within my being. My breathing became our breathing, linking us together through the creature’s amorphous body. I sucked in a breath, welcoming the fungus within.


Long tendrils of crustacean legs began to move over my spine and downward, caressing the flesh of my hips. They dipped lower, sliding between my thighs and beginning to push open my center. I gave a low and soft moan. The creature chittered, buzzing with excitement that vibrated through each of its appendages and through my body.


The legs pushed deeper, exploring my depths in slow deliberate strokes. A wet stickiness was pulled from the creature’s body and to my own. Its legs worked quickly, pulling the fibrous slime upward and pushing into my entrance. My moans turned to soft cries of pleasure with each thrust inward. The slime slid inward, coating my thighs and insides. 


With each passing moment the creature stretched my entrance further, moving slowly and methodically until both of its long and thick legs could reach inward to push more of its seed within me. Claws closed around my body, holding me still while the many legs worked, the stretching and burning sending chills of delight through my body.


The fungus pushed inside, uniting me to the creature so that I could feel its own pleasure at releasing its emission to place within. I clung to it, crying out as two and then three spindly legs pushed inside and upward, burrowing as deep as it could until it broke through the thin wall between my canal and my womb. Pain and pleasure mixed within, the bulky chitinous legs stretching me ever wider until the house was filled with the buzzing and clicking sounds of my mate and the writhing cries coming from my throat. My body trembled beneath the exploration and impregnation, feeling like it was collapsing in on itself and yet elated beyond new heights.


Time and space stretched around us as the creature gave one flap of its enormous wings. We floated, suspended by its powers, bodies writhing together while it slid inside over and over again. My muscles shuddered and stretched as wave after wave of release began to flood through me, sending an eternal cry of hunger into the void.


The mi-go pushed into my mind and buzzed against my skin, the legs inserting the last of its unnatural seed. It vibrated with my cries, pulling me against its soft and shelled body as I trembled, clinging to it for support. A single claw caressed my body, gentle and protective, as we floated in nothing.


I opened my eyes to the brainless body on the bed before me. My hands grasped the edge of the bed, wetness leaking out of my opening in slow dollops. The thing was gone, vanished into the world it had carried me to. I gasped then coughed out the last of the fungus that had spread within me, a strange buzzing in my body that emanated from my abdomen outward. 


Knowledge of the worlds beyond began to seep into my mind and I knew then what my lover was, the fear and curiosity it held, and the thing that sat within me, a child of time and space and now, humanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bocuk

  “Bocuk,” I murmured the name into the night. “I come to worship at your altar. To bear witness to your grace. To welcome you home this nig...