Friday, March 5, 2021

Deep One

Inky water lapped against the coast, nipping at the feet of the villagers who walked its banks. They stayed far from the sea’s edge but seemed pulled towards it,  lulled by the sweet sounds of its sweet promises before they felt the cool wetness against their skin and shook themselves from their reverie. A moment later they stumbled away, a startled animal narrowly avoiding the trap.


I watched from inside an abandoned home. The smell of dead fish and mold filled my nostrils. No matter where I wandered in the sea-shanty town, everything smelled like rotting fish and lies. I had stayed because of the lies, but the smell was nearly enough to drive me away. 


Three nights I had watched a handful of the villagers lurk near the shore. There were too many houses and not nearly enough people. Yet when I asked where everyone was, an eerie silence greeted me before the water frightened people answered that their families were away fishing. Even as the words slipped past their lips, panic widened their eyes and fear trembled their hands.


The only common place every person in the shantytown avoided was the water. There wasn’t a fish or fisher amongst them, yet they lived on the water. The stain of a town had never become a thriving port. Yet they gardened as though the sea salt didn’t poison the earth and hunted as though the smell of them didn’t drive life away. 


By the end of the fourth day, watching them make their way about town but never touching the sea, I knew that something beneath the murky water haunted them. At night, I heard strange cries and the odd scream, though my explorations had proven fruitless. Whatever lived in the water came at night, as most of the creatures oof thee world did.


As night crawled over the sky, snuffing out the sun to birth the stars, I stepped from the half-sunken home and began to walk down to the water’s edge. Nothing stirred in the village at night, save the water. My boots hit the edge, stepping into the stone-covered shore as the water kissed the leather.


“Whatcha doin’?” Her voice cracked at me. The woman glared from her home, a bucket of peels in her hands. 


“Seeing if it’s cold,” I replied evenly. My eyes took note of the peeling knife in her hand before I  looked back at the water.


She took several steps towards me but didn’t dare step onto the shore. “You best come away from there.”

“Why’s that, then?” Slowly I turned and looked at her, turning my body to face her. 


Her lips pursed. 


“Fear is powerful, friend. It keeps us silent, it lets things tarry too long, and it often hurts those who don’t deserve it.” My words were spoken softly as I watched her studying me. “Tell me what’s in the water. I can help.”


She paused as though to speak, mouth opening and then closing before she shook her head and waved her hand. “Fie. It’s what they leave behind. It’s what they…” Another long pause stretched between us. “What they breed.”


Her dark eyes trailed down to my stomach as though I would ripen at that moment. I tried not to sigh and shook my head. “Different than human isn’t evil. Neither is mixed with humans. You ought to be ashamed of those words.”


“What would you know about it?” She spat on the ground in anger.


I looked at her, letting the light catch my eyes so they glimmered a frightening gold, ignited with unseen fire. Like every other mortal, she stepped backward, flinching. Humans always flinched. 


“Sea take you.” The door slammed behind her.


I lowered myself down, squatting by the inky wet surface and smelling the strangely sulfuric scent that lingered on the water’s edge. Beneath its mirrored top something lurked, shadowed movements that bespoke of something large. I raised a brow and stood, walking along the rocky shoreline.


In the middle of the village’s shore was a rocky walkway that led out to a point within the sea. There was no doubt to me that in an ancient time, in one of the many lives before, this had been a place of worship. Whatever haunted the waters had once been summoned there.


My fingers pulled a thin silver chain from my pocket as I followed the rocks outward in the murky depths. Just beneath the surface, something stirred, too dark for me to discern. With a flick of my wrist, I tossed the silver into the water. It plopped into the sea, then vanished. 


A moment later it landed at my feet again, the silver charm making a tinkling sound. With a shrug, I bent down and collected the jewelry. Something large splashed nearby, pulling my eyes to the right. Another splash echoed to the left of me. My body tensed as I stayed crouched down, ass though whatever hunted here wouldn’t see me in the dark.


Wet webbed hands grabbed my shoulders from behind me. I didn’t resist, instead, let them pull me to my feet. A strange garbled language from three eras ago feel from rubbery lips pressed against my hair and neck. Their hands were strong, and the smell of sea life intensified.


Another appeared before from the shadows of the sea. Their aquatic features, large unblinking eyes, grey-green scaly skin, dorsal fin, and gills told me all I needed to know in a moment. The Deep One stared at me, speaking a language long since dead and known by very few still alive. 


I stared back, hands open and empty, as the one behind me held me against their body. Sharp teeth glinted in their mouths as they spoke to each other, guttural sounds accompanying the language. I picked up a word here or there, something akin to sacrifice and offering. Words that transcended a few languages at once.


Slowly I took a slight step forward and looked between them. “The people are afraid of you. Of stories, I think.” I spoke in their language as best I could. “That you try to mate with them.”


A low grumbling laugh escaped one of them. He approached me, hand offered. It was human and wasn’t at the same time. Five fingers, all scaled and webbed, with the strange fish-like skin rather than human. I looked into his eyes to seek something human and saw understanding and curiosity.


My fingers slid into his as I raised one hand to slowly touch his face. He stilled, shocked yet curious, as I caressed the lines and scars he had gained over the years. “Is it true?” I asked him. 


His head tilted. 


“That you mated with them.” I nodded to his groin and tapped my own stomach. 


The other one moved behind me, fingers moving into my long hair to pull my head back so his wet lips could taste my exposed neck. “Seek?” he grumbled against me. I felt something hard and eager push against me from behind and hoped for a minute the woman from the shore was still watching.


A smirk touched my lips as I gave a nod. Their stillness changed to eager activity. The fingers in my hair didn’t leave, but rather, kept me still as he pulled me back against his slick and wet chest. His companion’s hands wandered over the heavy clothes of my chest and torso, before finding a hole and ripping.


The material shredded beneath his hands, exposing the skin of my stomach to the icy air. Nails flicked over my skin, leaving bright red claw marks as the creature moved upwards, ripping the shirt ass he went. The soft fabric hung on my arms, exposing my breasts to the air. 


A hand closed around my throat, firm without suffocating, holding me still. Webbed hands moved over my breasts, clawing each one before loudly slapping them, making the pale flesh red. I cried out, which made the hand at my throat grow tighter. 


Two hands slid down my stomach, looking and prodding, exploring until they got to the hem off my pants. Fabric tore again, scraps of it being slashed with eager claws that nicked the skin below. I gasped as new gashes appeared in my skin, shredding the fabric until it puddled at my ankles. 


My exposed skin ached from the cold, hardening nipples and making each wet touch they gave electrify my flesh. I whimpered as their strange rubbery mouths gummed at my shoulder and breasts, tasting me, small sharp teeth raking the skin and leaving pinprick bite marks as they went. 


One knelt before me, biting the inside of my thigh hard enough I cried out. My fingers ran over his head, feeling the hard bones just beneath the skin and caressing the soft gills that hissed and wheezed as his mouth suckled the blood. Claws gripped my hips, digging in as he smelled my opening before closing his gaping maw around it.  


His gills fanned as he sucked hard and steady, not breaking for air as a human lover would. I shuddered against his companion who held me aloft, keeping me steady as I bucked and moaned. His one hand held my throat, ever firm, while the other ran over my shoulder almost tenderly, down my back and to the slope of my behind where his meat rested against me. 


I cried out again as another wave of delight ripped through my body. The Deep Ones spoke to each other as I leaned against the one behind me, body quaking as I panted. With strange ease, I was picked up and carried to the water’s edge. The one jumped in, disappearing beneath the surface before I was tossed in after.


Beneath the water only darkness awaited. Hands grabbed my hips and thighs, holding me steady beneath the waves. I reached out, caressing the face of the Deep One in front of me.  My lips kissed his, tongue tasting the aquarian flesh. 


His claws dug into my hips and pulled me against him, angling his hips as we floated in the water to meet my opening. The tip of him pressed against me, teasing to slip inside. Great unblinking eyes stared at me, waiting, even as his nails held my body perfectly so he could enter me.


I nodded, kissing his strange mouth again as his hips thrust. Bony ridges and soft curves plunged inside of me instantly. Bubbles floated from my mouth as I cried out in the water. He thrust, again and again, pushing my body down on top of his own with his powerful limbs. My legs wrapped around him, helping hold my body to his own as we moved together. 


My head broke the surface of the water just long enough to gasp for air before he pulled me back under. We floated together in the dark sea, slammed into each other with fervor. The creature bit into my shoulder, leaving bright red bloody wounds as he shuddered and twitched within me.


Hot seed spilled deep in my body, invading and seeking. Slowly he released me, letting me float in the water along, body vibrating with pleasure. I kicked to the surface, breathing in the air as a hand closed on my ankle and pulled me back down.


The Deep One slammed into me, pushing me against the rocky surface, pinning me face down. My fingers pushed against the rock but could only slip. Lips teased my neck and shoulder, tasting the blood his friend had left earlier. I whimpered against him, pressing back into him.


His hips adjusted and he slid inside me, mingling with the seed left there from moments ago. The Deep One’s body was bigger than his companion’s, and he slammed within, making a snarling sound in my ear as he worked our bodies. 


I shifted, pushing against the rock to turn so I could see him. He held my throat, thrusting harder and harder as pain mixed with pleasure and I clung to his hand, crying out with each eager lunge into my body. He snarled again, then stopped, holding himself within me as he released. 


My body shuddered and my lungs burned as he released me, letting me kick to the surface. I broke the water, gasping for air as a wave pushed me back against the rocks. Slowly I climbed from the cold depths to lay no thee sharp rocks, seed, and hunger burning within me.


I lifted my head to look at the water, only to see dozens of them bobbing, unblinking eyes staring at me from the darkness. Each of them began to slowly come towards me, making their way to the rocky outcropping I lay on. Around me, I could hear the sounds of splashing, of creatures arriving from the darkened water, bodies eager to breed me.


Webbing hands closed on my ankles. I looked down at the Deep One, a new word babbled from his mouth. “Mother,” he said again. His hands pulled, bringing me to the edge of the stone, legs in the water. “Come, Mother.”


Hands stroked me everywhere, leaving my skin lined with claw marks. All of them watched, waiting, hoping. I nodded. “Mother.”


With one tug he pulled me back into the dark water, to the darkness below, where their clan and eagerness waited.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bocuk

  “Bocuk,” I murmured the name into the night. “I come to worship at your altar. To bear witness to your grace. To welcome you home this nig...