Friday, February 5, 2021

Kraken

 The ship rocked in the night breeze. I listened as people spoke quietly, a skeleton crew still awake to keep the boat going. Water lapped at the ship’s planks, spraying mist onto the deck where I stood, letting the wind whip my hair about. Stars glimmered above, guiding the navigator as she stared up at them. 


Beside me, the Captain watched the water, a dark look on his face. Whispers and rumors crowded his mind and dampened the high spirits his crew seemed to have. I moved my hand to touch his shoulder. It broke his reverie and he looked at me.


“We’re too far out,” he finally said.


I grimaced. “They say it’s here. Somewhere.” I made a small gesture to the water.


“And when we find it? What? You’ll ask it to stop sinking ships?”


My lips pursed as I shrugged and dropped my hand from his back. “Something like that. What matters is why it’s attacking your ships.”


He made a disgusted noise and spit into the water. “It’s a demon. A monster bent on destruction.” 


I tilted my head and glanced up at him. “What if I could show you otherwise?”


The captain looked down at me, peering into my eyes with his own. I watched as his mind debated my presence and my words, battling his instinct to fight the unknown rather than explore it. His thoughts changed when his eyes widened and he nearly stepped back. I was impressed he didn’t. 


“Your eyes-”


I looked away from him back to the water. “We all have our secrets, Captain.”


“What are you?”


“I’m the one who can help you and the creature be safe.”


He scoffed. “It’s a monster. Nothing else.”


“They think the same of you.”


The captain blinked, shook his head, and stepped away from me, waving his hand in dismissal.


Around us, the dawn began to arrive, sending golds and pale blues into the sky from the East. My brows furrowed as I looked at the water, which had begun to change from inky black to a moody grey-blue. No birds stirred in the sky, yet the water was alive with fish jumping from its depths.


“Captain-” I began to speak.


“I see it,” he said roughly, returning to my side to watch the fish below. 


Shouts echoed behind us as sailors woke, fishermen first, and began to cast nets into the writhing life. The jumping bodies were pulled onto the deck, as the sailors laughed. Here food was scarce. This would feed their families for days. 


One voice rose above the others as a pale headed woman pointed to the horizon. A sandbank rested, fish swarming about it.

“Isn’t that impossible this far out?”


The captain shrugged and gave a quick order. The sail was pulled upwards, oars hit the water and the boat slowly turned port. As we neared, the fish scrambled, escaping the boat’s path while tarrying near the sandbank.


Then it moved. The water shivered and the sandbank glided forward, towards the boat. More shouts went out from the sailors, blades were pulled. A harpoon appeared in one hand. Fingers pointed. Arrows were nocked. 


“Wait!” I called and stepped away from the railing I had been holding onto. “Don’t! Leave it!” My hand pushed the bowman back and I stepped between the sailors and the edge of the boat. 


“Move, woman,” a sailor barked, her jaw set. 


Something bumped the boat, sending everyone reeling. The Captain grabbed my shoulders as I fell into him, gloved hands stroking my upper arms for a moment. “Be still,” he growled at everyone. 


Whatever had been in the water had disappeared, leaving the sounds of fish breaking the surface to keep us company. Yet everyone listened, as though the sound of water moving would betray whatever had been in the water. 


I paused, taking in the warmth of the man before I stepped slowly towards the railing and gazed below. A great shadow moved beneath the surface, strange and alien, with horns and great arms trailing in the water. A great black eye stared up at me before it dove deep and disappeared.


I swore under my breath and ran to the other side of the boat, but saw nothing. 


“What?” he asked, following me.


“Get one of the boats ready.”


“You can’t go out there. It hit our boat already. It would crush a rowboat.”


“Just do as I say,” I snarled at him and began unfastening the cloak I wore. It was tossed onto the deck as they lowered the little rowboat onto the cold surface. My lips pursed as I climbed over the ship’s railings and into the small fishing boat. My hands gripped an oar and pushed it into the water.


The wood groaned as the captain jumped down in front of me. Hee glared down at me then sat, grabbing the other oar from the bottom. “Leave your cloak,” I said to him, ignoring his angry gaze.


Furious fingers unfastened the fabric before he tossed it up to the sailors. 


“And the sword.”

“No,” he said flatly. 


I reached up and took his oar before he could stop me. “Then get out. No weapons.” 


His eyes narrowed before he reached to grab the oar. I pulled back and kicked his shin, making him fall back into the boat. It swayed dangerously. 


“No sword,” I said again. “Or I’ll tip us right now and we can see how you fare alone in the water.”


The man grimaced then unfastened his belt and handed the weapon upwards. We stared at each other, my strange eyes into his deep brown ones. A moment passed before I tossed him the oar and we pushed away from his ship.


“Do you smell that?” I asked as we wandered away from his home on the water. A strange aroma floated in the air, as though a storm was about to move in, yet the sky was clear.


His nose wrinkled and he nodded.


Within the water, mass groups of fish congregated, knocking against the boat as we oared. I watched them carefully before seeing the swirl in the water ahead. “There,” I said, nodding my head. I leaned over, untying the winter boots and setting them in the little boat.


He watched me. “You can’t go in the water. It’s freezing.”


“I hate wet boots.”


The captain almost smirked but something hit the boat, sending us drifting further into the ocean, spinning in circles. I held to the edge and waited until we stopped before I leaned over to gaze below.


The creature loomed beneath, the great eye watching me once more. I leaned down and reached into the water, feeling its smooth and spongy surface beneath my hand. Its body contracted in response, shuddering against my touch.


“Wh-”


“Touch it,” I said softly. I reached up and pulled him down beside me so he knelt against the edge of the boat. Carefully, I lowered his hand down with my own, entangling our fingers t show him how to caress the beast. 


It quivered again before reached up with one great tentacle to touch our hands in response. The captain startled, pulling back, frightened of the creature’s understanding. The Kraken panicked, jetting deep into the water, leaving inky blackness behind so that we could no longer see it.


“Well done,” I grumbled. 


“It touched me!”


“Yes! And you touched it! As you would any creature!”


“But-” The captain fell silent as our small boat groaned, a great tentacle climbing up and over its wooden side. The wood whined, not made for such a heavyweight. 


I pursed my lips and reached out, stroking the rubbery skin. It wrapped around my arm in an instant, suckers leaving instant marks on the bare flesh exposed. Another tentacle slipped over the edge, sliding around my ankle and upwards. 


Panic showed in the captain’s eyes. “Breathe,” I said softly. “Trust.” I turned my attention back to the tentacle wrapped about my arm and leaned forward, brushing lips against the strange flesh. The tentacle stilled. I let my tongue slip out, tracing long its flesh in small circles. It quivered and moved further up my arm, tip exploring my neck before it slid over my chin to my lips. 


I tilted my head down and welcomed the tip into my mouth, sucking on the very tip of the Kraken’s appendage. The captain watched, enthralled, mouth ajar in disbelief. My eyes flickered to him briefly before I turned back to the tentacle that moved into my mouth, tip exploring my tongue before thrusting deeper into my throat.


An array of tentacles exploded out of the water, sending the captain into his panic as one curled around his leg. His hand reached for a dagger until I grabbed his wrist, unable to speak from the wriggling mass in my mouth, but my eyes said all they needed to.


His hand stilled as the tentacle wound upwards, caressing his inner thigh and over his groin to his stomach. A groan escaped him, fingers gripping the wood so tightly they were pale. 


Suddenly the tentacles consumed us, lifting us up and out of the boat that was pushed away. Above the water we hung, wrapped in the creature’s arms. Great horns rose out of the water framing a vaguely crustacean head and great knowing eyes. 


Its gaze fell on us both, curiosity and delight written in the way it caressed and explored. One tip of a tentacle pushed against my ankle and up the pants I wore, slipping beside my skin until it reached my core. With barely any effort, it pulled back, ripping the fabric open. Cold air hit bare skin, sending a shiver through my body.


Wet rubbery flesh explored the newly revealed skin, pushing over sensitive skin and then into my opening. At first, it hesitated, gently teasing but never moving inward. I moaned on its flesh, nodding my head slightly. One hand reached down, caressing the tentacle’s tip, guiding it inward. 


The invitation was all it needed. Its great length pushed inwards with vigor, thrusting deep within me and further than any man would. I cried out, muffled against the pulsing appendage lodged in my mouth, probing deeper into my body. 


Tentacles moved beneath my shirt, popping the buttons that held it closed until it tore open, erect nipples suddenly shown to the world. Each breast was encircled by the Kraken’s arms, just as each nipple was captured by a sucker, pressure pulling on them in painful and delicious ways. 


I heard a cry and looked to where the captain rested, contained in a mass of the creature’s tentacles, tendrils exploring his body beneath the loose clothing he wore. The sounds of fabric ripping could barely be heard above the man’s moans as a tentacle stroked his length, urging him to hardness. 


His body was covered in small circular marks from the suckers on the Kraken’s tentacles. They swarmed around him, pressuring his body, sucking on nipples, and encircling the heavy orbs at his length’s base, gently squeezing. 


The captain’s body was tense, yet his face was flushed and eager. With each stroke from the tentacle, his hips bucked, rising to meet the Kraken’s attention. Slowly he looked at me, lost between ecstasy and disbelief, his arousal growing as he watched the Kraken pound into my body, eliciting cries from my stuffed mouth.


Another tentacle crept over my back and between my legs, pushing at the puckered opening yet untouched. Gently probing became slipping inside, and then pushing deeper and deeper. Every part of me that could be filled by the beast was at one time. I shuddered and twitched in its grasp, unable to move other than react to the intense pleasure it washed over me. 


My body jerked as the creature pulled me towards the water. The captain cried my name, half screaming half moaning before a tentacle slipped into his mouth. He made muffled noises before sucking on its length, a new experience he became engrossed in. 


Behind him, a tentacle caressed his backside, stroking and exploring his entrance. The captain let another strange moan, one of surrender and delight, as the Kraken moved inside of him, filling him with each pulsing stroke.


My legs hit the water, sending jolts of awareness through me at the freezing temperature. The tentacle slid from my mouth, leaving just the tip to play with my tongue as a great mouth enclosed my inner thighs and groin. A great sucking pulled at the flesh while a sharp beak prodded against the tender nub of skin sending ripples of pleasure through me.


The tentacles slowed their intensity, letting my mind focus on the sensations its beak and mouth offered. My cries grew louder as my body shuddered, tensing and building pressure until I knew I needed to rupture. A scream escaped my mouth as I thrashed against the Kraken, its intense eyes watching my every reaction. 


I sagged in its rubbery arms where it coddled me, its invading tentacles slowing their assault. My eyes barely made sense as I watched the captain be pulled to the water next, his body jerking and thrusting forward as he slipped himself inside the creature’s maw. 


The two moved together, their rampant thrusting making the water crash loudly before the captain reached down, caressing and holding the Kraken against him, pulling its great mouth against his body. Another cry broke the air as the captain jerked and shuddered, his grip tightening on the Kraken before going weak. 


Limp, we hung in the air, bodies entangled with the Kraken’s. Slowly it lowered us into the boat which creaked under its weight. Time seemed to pass as we came to our senses, our naked bodies atop one another while tentacles curled around us, simply caressing and cuddling against our half-naked forms.


The captain stirred first as the midday sun beat down and the sounds of a sailor’s voice stirred him from our reverie. I lifted my head from his thigh, my fingers caressing the flesh of the beast that huddled beneath our boat. Slowly the tentacles lifted, stopping briefly to caress my lips.


I kissed it softly, stroking its length briefly before I shifted to look beneath the water. Its great eye peered at me. The captain leaned down, caressing the Kraken with affectionate strokes. I smirked at him before he too kissed a tentacle and the beast slipped beneath the waves.


The man turned his head, shielding his eyes from the sun, and waved to his ship.


“Well?” I asked, pulling my dry boots back on my feet.


“We’ll protect this part of the water,” he said softly. “You were right. It is more than a monster.”


“Perhaps,” I countered, “It isn’t a monster at all. Perhaps it has the same needs and wants as you. A home, someone to love it, to be safe, to eat in peace.”


The captain looked down at my inhuman eyes and smirked. “Perhaps.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bocuk

  “Bocuk,” I murmured the name into the night. “I come to worship at your altar. To bear witness to your grace. To welcome you home this nig...